Today in this post we are going install another Linux operating system Lubuntu, Lubuntu is a lightweight Linux distribution based on Ubuntu Linux, Lubuntu has very low hardware requirements, Lubuntu focuses on speed and energy-efficiency.
Lubuntu Minimal System Requirements
3 GB Hard Drive Disk Space
250 MB RAM Memory
Lubuntu Recommended System Requirements
15 GB Hard Drive Disk Space
4GB RAM Memory
- Lubuntu Installation On VirtualBox
- Ubuntu Server Installation On VirtualBox
- Kali Linux Installation On VirtualBox
- Lubuntu Installation
- CentOS Server Installation on VirtualBox
Lubuntu Installation on VirtualBox
- First, open your VirtualBox
- After opening the VirtualBox you need to click on the new button
- A new popup window is the open first field you need to type your OS Name you can write anything and skip the second field because it’s already configured if you want to change the installation directory you can change it by clicking the second field, let’s move the third field and choose the type of operating system ( Linux ) and move the last field and chose version ( Ubuntu 64 ) and click next.
- Now Select memory size ( and recommend memory size is 4000 MB ) and click next.
- Next, create a virtual hard disk now and click create ( and select next VDI option and click next )
- Now chose the first radio button Dynamically allocated and click Next
- After clicking the next button you move to the Storage Section, here select the amount of storage, and recommend size is 15 GB
After Complete the Virtualbox setup wizard, We need to start Lubuntu OS on Virtualbox click the start button and the virtual-machine is booting up, After power up the Virtual machine, you will saw a Select startup disk popup window.
click on the icon and navigate your Lubuntu OS ISO image file, and click on Start button.
IF you want to install this operating system on your main machine you can follow these steps, but first, you need to make a Lubuntu OS bootable Pendrive, you can use any software for creating a bootable pen-drive.
Now both users can follow these steps for installing Lubuntu on your main machine and installing Lubuntu os on Virtualbox
Lubuntu Installation Wizard Started
After booting up the machine, we will saw the Lubuntu Installation Wizard and our first window is asking us to Select a Language to navigate your first language you can change the select language using the Arrow key and hit Enter.
Select Your Location: Let’s choose your country and hit enter.
Configure the Keyboard: In this step, we need to configure our Keyboard Layout select the No option, and hit enter.
I choose my according my keyboard layout English ( US ) you need to select your primary keyboard layout.
Configure the Network Hostname: fill in your hostname here and select the continue button. the hostname is a word that identifies your System on your Network.
Set up users and Passwords: now we need to create a normal non-super user for login, fill your new user full name, and hit on Continue
Create a new username for new user account login.
Set your password for new user.
Configure the Clock: now we need to set the correct time zone for Lubuntu OS my VM is Already connected with my internet that’s why my machine is automatically detected my County time Zone.
if you didn’t see here your correct time zone then choose the No if your time is correct chose the Yes option.
Setup Partition Disks: if you installing Lubuntu on your based machine and want to install a single operating system choose the first method ( Guided – use entire disk ) and VirtualBox users can use the same method.
Now choose your correct partition for Lubuntu installation files, in my case I’m installing Lubuntu on my VirtualBox, and I have attached only a single virtual drive for installing Lubuntu.
If you have multiple drive or multiple partition choose the right installation partition for Lubuntu installation.
confirm the Write change to disk if everything is correct chose the yes option, any by mistake you select the wrong drive you can go with no option.
Configure the Package Manager: leave the blank proxy information and hit continue.
choose the Yes option for System Clock set to UTC.
After 10-15 minutes our Lubuntu installation setup is finished, if you’re installing the Lubuntu Operating system on your hard disk maybe it takes more time. we need to wait until seeing the Finish Installation window.
After clicking the Continue button our machine is automatically rebooted and we will see the login window, let’s enter your user password and click on the login button.
Finally, our Lubuntu installation is done, now you can enjoy this operating system, if you want to create a root user password, first open the terminal and write the commands.
< type your normal user password >
< and type your new password twice for root user >
More Lubuntu Installation Related Posts,
- BlackArch Installation On VirtualBox
- Lubuntu Installation
- Qubes OS Installation
- Lubuntu Installation Minimum Requriments
- InstantOS Installation